Solution: RHEL 6 libevent issues

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Solution: RHEL 6 libevent issues
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

We've been getting complaints about our RHEL 6 libevent and pgbouncer packages
recently . Red Hat (thankfully) introduced libevent2 package in 6.8, which
broke our pgbouncer package.

I looked at multiple and easiest solutions to fix that problem. Our policy has
been keeping our build servers up2date, so starting pgbouncer 1.7.2-6, it
depends on libevent 2 package.

This means the following:

* We ask RHEL 6 users to use at least RHEL 6.8. This is a similar requirement
when Red Hat broke openssl betwen 6.4 and 6.5.

* We got rid of libevent and compat-libevent packages in our repo (YAY!) No
more custom libevent packages!

This fixes https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1718 .

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostGIS 2.3 and PgRouting 2.0.3?
Сообщение: Re: PostGIS 2.3 and PgRouting 2.0.3?