Re: Programmatically dropping and creating table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Programmatically dropping and creating table
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
"Chris White" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> I am running Postgresql 7.2 and programmatically trying to drop a table
> called vm_config and then recreate it from java. The drop seems to work, but
> when I try to recreate the table I get a SQL exception saying "ERROR: cannot
> create vm_config: file exists". If I do a commit after the drop and then do
> the create I get the SQL Exception "ERROR: cannot create vm_config_pkey:
> file exists". What am I doing wrong?

Are you *certain* you are talking to a 7.2 backend?  That sounds a whole
lot like the behavior you'd get back around 7.0 or earlier, before we'd
switched to OID-based filenames: drop/create table inside a transaction
didn't really work because of filename conflicts.  Try "select
version()" to be sure what you're talking to.