Re: Pgpool-II RPM package versions

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Pgpool-II RPM package versions
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Nigel,

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 16:23 +0000, Nigel Thompson wrote:
> We have noticed that the Postgresql 9.3 yum repo for RedHat no longer
> contains RPMs for pgpool-II version 3.4.x.

Right, we have 3.5.X for every PostgreSQL release.

> What is the policy on retention of older package versions?

We keep n-2 releases, where n is the latest stable minor version.

> Are the older versions archived anywhere accessible?

Unfortunately no, but you can build your own RPMs pretty much easily. You can
get tarball from pgpool.net, and grab spec file from our git repo:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git

Then, just modify the version in spec file and build the packages.

An old but almost up2date guide is here:

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/44-How-To-Build-Your-Own-PostgreSQL-and-related-software-RPMs-on-CentOSRHELFedora.html

Please let us know if you need more help.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения