Re: BUG #2568: Vacuum locks tables and do nothing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2568: Vacuum locks tables and do nothing
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Jaroslav Prodelal" <slavek@pearshealthcyber.com> writes:
>    When vacuum starts vacuuming problematic table, it locks table and
> although, I can't see any load on the server even on disk, cpu or memory,
> table is lock and other processes can't access it. I have also tried strace
> on VACUUM process, but there wasn't any activity on it.

It sounds to me like vacuum is blocked waiting for some other process's
lock --- and then other processes queue up behind vacuum's request, but
that doesn't make it vacuum's fault.  Try looking in pg_locks to see
which process actually has a granted lock on that table.