Re: Release changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Why is this not together with the mention that dollar signs are *not* allowed
>> anymore in operator names?

> They are in different places because one relates to operator names
> (Object Manipulation section) while the other relates to queries
> (Queries section).  Should they be moved into the same section?

That distinction seems pretty artificial.  Identifiers are names of
objects just as much as operator names are.  If you think something
about identifier syntax belongs under Queries because identifiers
are used in queries, then I'd respond that so are operators.

I don't really care where they go, but I think they should be together.