Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> I've attached an updated patch that fixes a failure when compiling on
> gcc/linux. The no-op inline installCrashDumpHandler() for unsupported
> platforms was not declared static, so it was not being optimized out of
> objects it wasn't used in and was causing symbol collisions during linkage.

Why in the world would you get involved in that portability mess for a
function that is called only once?  There's no possible performance
justification for making it inline.

I'm also wondering why you have got conflicting declarations in
postgres.h and port.h, and why none of these declarations follow
ANSI C (write "(void)" not "()").