Re: pgadmin4 rc1 query tool performance

От rob stone
Тема Re: pgadmin4 rc1 query tool performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 18:40 +0200, Attila Soki wrote:

> > Am 06.09.2016 um 15:23 schrieb Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver
> > .com>:
> >
> > On 09/06/2016 02:35 AM, Attila Soki wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i testing the latest release of pgadmin4 (rc1) and noticed that
> > > the query tool is significantly slower than the query tool in
> > > pgadmin3.
> > > i am not sure if this occurs only on my computer or only under os
> > > x (10.10.5) or is this a known behavior.
> >
> > I don't know. You might get an answer quicker at the link below
> > though:
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-hackers/
>
> sorry for the noise, i posted this accidentally here instead of
> pgadmin-support. i got already an answer there.
>
> Attila

IMO the answer is nonsensical.

I'd do the following:-

1) Alter your postgresql.conf to log every statement.
2) Restart the server.
3) Run your tests again.
4) Examine the postgresl.log file for the queries created and compare
them. Also, pgadmin might be querying the catalogues in an inefficient
manner thus leading to the increases in elapsed times.

My 2 cents worth.

HTH,
Rob