Re: 9.2 to 9.5 pg_upgrade losing data

От rob stone
Тема Re: 9.2 to 9.5 pg_upgrade losing data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
On Mon, 2016-08-15 at 08:45 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 08/15/2016 08:04 AM, Pete Fuller wrote:
> >
> > We have not found any obvious differences, other than the size of
> > the
> > databases (~ 100 gig on the testing site vs 400 Gig in
> > production).  In
> > fact, the upgrade path seems to work with our production db when
> > testing
> > on our offsite replica that lives in our backup datacenter, near
> > identical hardware and setup with same install scripts.
> >

> Hmm, tried another cup of coffee, that did not work, I got nothing
> at
> the moment:(
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Assuming you have enough spare disk capacity, have you not thought of
going from 9.2 to 9.3 and from there to 9.4, etc., instead of doing it
in one giant leap?

If the upgrade to 9.3 does not cause any hassles, you could at least
put that into production and then test out the 9.3 to 9.4 upgrade, and
so on.

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,
rob