Re: 7.1 RC1 RPM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.1 RC1 RPM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> BIG NOTE:  These are built on Red Hat _7.0_ NOT 6.2 as previous ones
> have been. The ODBC client build on 6.2 has been broken -- it built at
> beta4, but now gives this error set at beta6/RC1:

> ar crs libpsqlodbc.a info.o bind.o columninfo.o connection.o convert.o
> drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o misc.o options.o pgtypes.o
> psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o statement.o gpps.o
> tuple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o
> ranlib libpsqlodbc.a
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -O2 -m486
> -fno-strength-reduce -fpic -shared -Wl,-soname,libpsqlodbc.so.0
> -Wl,-Bsymbolic info.o bind.o columninfo.o connection.o convert.o
> drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o misc.o options.o pgtypes.o
> psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o statement.o gpps.o
> tuple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o  -lm -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -o
> libpsqlodbc.so.0.26
> connection.o: In function `CC_connect':
> connection.o(.text+0x914): undefined reference to
> `check_client_encoding'
> connection.o(.text+0x91a): undefined reference to
> `check_client_encoding'

It would appear you have a conflict about whether MULTIBYTE is defined
or not --- the code thinks so, but the makefile does not, since
multibyte.o is not seen in the link command.

The identical technique is used in libpq's makefile, so I'm not sure
why you do not see a link failure in libpq as well.