Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/ref create_schema.sgml

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/ref create_schema.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> Shouldn't we use <varname> tags to denote GUC variables?

> Not sure.  We clearly don't do that now.  I see all the CURRENT_* names
> as <literal>.

I know I've been pretty sloppy about using <literal> for all manner of
names and keywords, and I think others have too.  Does anyone want to

(a) prepare a one-page-or-less style guide setting forth what to use?
    We have a style guide for reference pages in the docs already,
    but I don't see anything listing recommended markup.

(b) go through the existing docs to replace <literal> where appropriate?

Personally this seems like a lot of work for no visible gain (it's gonna
look the same anyway when rendered, no?).  But I won't stand in the way
if anyone feels it's worth doing ...