Re: Very slow queries w/ NOT IN preparation (seems like a bug, test case)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Very slow queries w/ NOT IN preparation (seems like a bug, test case)
Дата
Re: Very slow queries w/ NOT IN preparation (seems like a bug, test case)  ("Sergey Konoplev" <gray.ru@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> I've never heard of EXPLAIN ANALYSE being *faster* than the actual
> query, it's usually slower due to all the timing calls. The only thing
> it doesn't do is actually send the results over the connection to the
> client. In your case, you're not actually selecting any columns, so that
> can't be it.

If I'm reading it right the query returns 5000 instances of "1".  So
there's definitely scope for the client side to pose a performance
issue.