Re: Anyone using ReiserFS in production work? (or advise against it?)

От
Тема Re: Anyone using ReiserFS in production work? (or advise against it?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Randall Parker" <randall@nls.net> writes:

> The title says it all: Is this a foolhardy or prudent and wise move
> at this time?
>
> Has anyone run Postgres databases on ReiserFS volumes under heavy
> enough load and for long enough to get a sense of how stable it is?
>
> Anyone tried pulling the power plug under heavy load to find out if
> ReiserFS is less prone to volume corruption than ext2 under these
> circumstances?

I myself have NO experience with it, but I read somewhere that
sourceforge is running with it as we speak :-)  They are a big Open
Source (tm) repository wth CVS and other access, so it is presumably
pretty robust.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933