Re: CPU usage goes to 100%, query seems to ran forever

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CPU usage goes to 100%, query seems to ran forever
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee> writes:
> I have small database running in  8.1.3 in W2K server.
> The following query causes Postgres process to use 100% CPU and seems to run
> forever.
> If I change '1EEKPANT' to less frequently used item code, it runs fast.

You have ANALYZEd all these tables recently, I hope?  The planner
certainly doesn't think this query will take very long.

To find out what's wrong, you're going to have to be patient enough to
let an EXPLAIN ANALYZE run to completion.  Plain EXPLAIN won't tell.