Re: 7.0.2 cuts off attribute name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.0.2 cuts off attribute name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mark Hollomon" <mhh@nortelnetworks.com> writes:
> And while we're at it, let's get rid of the 'implementation' NOTICEs
> about foreign keys and UNIQUE.
> I don't mind the NOTICE about SERIAL since we don't clean up the
> sequence on DROP TABLE.

Hmm, I could vote for that.

Perhaps the right solution would be to downgrade messages like this
to a new elog level (of severity between NOTICE and DEBUG), and then
add a "verbosity" SET variable that allows the user to choose whether
to see 'em or not.  It'd be nice to be able to choose to get DEBUG
messages sent to the frontend, too, instead of only going to the
postmaster log.