Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?

От Robert Wysocki
Тема Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 11:43 +0200, Job wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> >I would suggest run only autovacuum, and with time you will see a not
> >more growing table. There is no need for vacuum full.
>
> So new record, when will be pg_bulkloaded, will replace "marked-free" location?

Yes, but you may have to make autovacuum process more aggressive. Even
then it might not cope with the frequency of your bulk I/U/D.

There are many tools to use instead of VACUUM FULL though, have a look
at pg_reorg and pgcompact for example. Do not be afraid to use an
awesome tool called Google as well ;-) (This is like the very basic
problem everyone asks about, so you'll find many more in-depth answers
and articles; the phrase you want to google for is "postgresql bloat")

Cheers,
R.

NET-A-PORTER.COM

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net-A-Porter Group Limited.

The Net-A-Porter Group Limited is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: 1 The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF