Re: Suspicious description of track_io_timing

От Egor Rogov
Тема Re: Suspicious description of track_io_timing
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Alexander Law wrote

> Page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-statistics.html
>
> There is the following sentence in description of the track_io_timing
> parameter:
>
> I/O timing information is displayed in <xref
> linkend="pg-stat-database-view">, in the output of <xref
> linkend="sql-explain"> when the
> <literal>BUFFERS</> option is used, and
> by <xref linkend="pgstatstatements">.
>
> Is it correct? Shouldn't the TIMING option be mentioned there instead
> of
> BUFFERS?

Yes, it's correct. Track_io_timing parameter corresponds to the buffer
manager. With BUFFERS option EXPLAIN shows buffers usage; when
track_io_timing is on it also shows I/O read and write time.

Egor Rogov
The Russian Postgres Company