Re: PostgreSQL needs percentage function

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: PostgreSQL needs percentage function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/12/2017 14:23, Nick Dro wrote:
> Hi,
> Why PostgreSQL doesn't have build-in function to calculate percentage? somthing like percent(number,%
> for example:
> select percent(100,1) will calculate 1% of 100 = 1
> select percent(25,20) will calculate 20% of 25 = 5

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION percent(xall float,xper float) RETURNS float
     LANGUAGE sql IMMUTABLE STRICT
     AS $$ select xall * xper / 100.0 $$;

> Seems like a nice addition to the math functions list:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/functions-math.html
> This is veryhelpull function, many uses percentage calculation in thier work and it will simplify the process.
Percentagecalculation is considered a basic math operation and I think postgresql

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Yogesh Sharma
Сообщение: Re: Size of pg_multixact/members increases 11355
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: PgBackRest question?