How to find business partners from PostgreSQL communities?

От CN
Тема How to find business partners from PostgreSQL communities?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a business plan for my product and services both developed on top
of PostgreSQL. I am looking for partners to form a start-up to work on
these product and services.

My ideal candidates are PostgreSQL endorsers. In addition, I hope the
technical details in my plan be exposed  during the discussions in
primitive stages as few as possible to potential competitors, non
PostgreSQL endorsers in particular.

As most predecessors did, I feel my idea unprecedented. However, I also
understand that these days many people, including myself in most cases,
tend to interpret terminologies like "business plan", "idea",
"start-up", "cloud", "big data", etc. into "propaganda", "spam", or
worse - "scam". This is why I not only draft the following targets to
which I might send my solicitations, but also attach obvious concerns to
them:

- PostgreSQL mailing lists
  concerns:
    (a) Will my messages deemed as spam or harassment?
    (b) Which mailing list is appropriate for my messages if it really
    is? "-jobs" is definitely inappropriate because my pocket is empty
    and I am unable to hire anyone.

- manually compiling the names and their associated e-mail addresses of
core developers, hackers, contributers, users, etc.
  concerns:
    (a) This is a very ineffective approach.
    (b) I recall the horrible past that someone harvested years ago the
    e-mail addresses in mailing list archives and used them in a way I
    no longer remember now. That activity caused huge anger from many
    community members.

- LinkedIn private message services
  concern: First I will have to invite many people I do not really know
  to link me in, then I ultimately fall into their black list.

- LinkedIn interest groups
  concern: I have a feeling that many articles and discussions posted in
  the groups I joined are in essence propaganda coated with technology.

- Twitter
  concerns:
    (a) People do not like advertisements. Such messages are most likely
    be ignored.
    (b) I have few followers.

- Requesting for a new PostgreSQL mailing list, which might be called
"-biz-opportunities" or "-biz-partners"
  concern: My messages will be delivered only to few recipients because
  new list will have only quite a few subscribers.

Above all, the last result I want to get from my inquiries is *silence*.

EnterpriseDB and Xtuple are two successful examples I heard of.
Hopefully I will be able to follow their pattens of success.  I wonder
how they achieved them, such as:

- How did those initiators find and attract in the first place those
individuals who are willing to discuss their grreat plans?
- How did they discuss their plans without fearing too many of their
sensitive plan details exposed before their companies were formed?

I need your enlightenment! What routes are the least offensive, yet most
effective, efficient, and appropriate ones for me to take to have my
awesome or yet another awful "idea" be delivered to those targeted
PostgreSQL endorsers?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
CN