Re: Rebuilding database from table files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rebuilding database from table files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mark Lawrence <nomad@null.net> writes:
> Is it possible to rebuild a database when you only have the files that
> contain the table data?

pg_log is critical data.  Without that, you're pretty well hosed,
because there's no way to distinguish live tuples from dead ones.

> There was no response when I posted this before. Does this mean that there
> is no solution?

No *good* solution, but if your back is really against the wall, you
might be able to salvage something with Bryan White's pg_check tool,
http://www.arcamax.com/pg_check/.  Expect to learn more than you
wanted to know about Postgres' internals, and to have to do a lot of
manual cross-validation to decide which tuples you think are good.