PERFORMANCE

От
Тема PERFORMANCE
Дата
Re: PERFORMANCE  (Jean-Michel POURE <jmpoure@translationforge.com>)
Список pgsql-php
Hello,

I´m new on the list and I´ve been using postgres on a production
environment for 3 months.  My team and I have developed a system for a
Hospital in which we work with php-postgres-linux.  In the begining
everything was fine.  As soon as the tables grew larger, we´ve begun to
experience an enormous performance fall.  By now, the system is almost
crawling.  We´ve already made all possible changes on hardware, which is a
COMPAQ ML370, scsi, with 2 PIII 800 and 768 MB RAM.  The only test we will
still do is to change the scsi controller for an ultra 160.  On the other
hand, searching the archives of this list, I´ve collected many complaints
about degradation of performance of insert/update, as tables are
populated.  My question is:

"IS THERE ANYONE THAT CANT GIVE US SOME HOPE TO PERSIST ON POSTGRES OR IS
THIS A LOST BATLE?"

If so, we need some advice to change this situation, instead of changing
database or bying a supercomputer?

Thanks

Paulo