Re: 9.6 -> 10.0

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 08:53 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> The argument boils down to this:
>
> There is no technical reason to name it 10.0 so why would we?

The reasons have been discussed in all details in this thread. I won't repeat
them in here, but the list is big, as you know.

> Because it grants a larger advocacy opportunity and shows the amount of
> effort that went into 9.6Devel/10.0.
>
> There is every advocacy reason to name it 10.0 so why wouldn't we?

+technical reasons...

> Because it will potentially cheapen the value of moving to 11.0 unless
> we are predictably conservative about our release versioning process.

Oh, does it mean that in-core replication or Windows support or PITR also
cheapened our release versioning process? I don't think so.

Fedora and Firefox already got rid of this ego ;)

Cheers,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения