Re: 9.6 -> 10.0

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Дата
Re: 9.6 -> 10.0  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I read every email in this thread. Thanks everyone who contributed.

However, my point still did not change. The upcoming features in 9.6 is no less
than 9.0 or 8.0 -- even more. Apart from the feature list, the infrastructural
changes in 9.6 is a bit too much, so we should warn the users about that, with
a .0 release. I, as a person from the field, will raise warnings to my
customers about that, for example.

An argument about "we can have 10.0 release if we have this feature" is also
*very* conservative: No one is stopping us for 11.0 release, when we have those
cool features with those major breakages.

Eventually, before releasing 9.6beta1, to make the packagers lives easier, I
want to push for a change again. Let's stop being conservative, and mark this
release as 10.0.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ