Re: Debian and Postgres

От rob stone
Тема Re: Debian and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Adrian,On Thu, 2016-05-05 at 13:47 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Exactly. Showing the list the error you get when you cannot connect
> help
> may with solving that problem and save you a great of time. What
> have
> you got to lose?

I have nothing to "lose".
There is NO error, per se. The progress bars just keep churning and
absolutely nothing happens. All you can do is cancel.
Nothing in the log files. No exceptions thrown. A black hole. I've
waited minutes to see if it can connect, but no. I tried running on the
9.4 cluster but the same thing.

I appreciate all your suggestions.
Tomorrow I'll talk to a friend of mine who is a Java guru to see if it
is possible to force some kind of stack trace or something that will
provide a clue as to what is happening. If you can't find the driver
you'd expect a DriverManager exception to be thrown or maybe a
ClassNotFound. Not even this. It's the lack of any error message
anywhere that is frustating.

Cheers,
Rob