Re: Correct way to do deletes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Correct way to do deletes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> writes:
> In one we SearchSysCache(), simple_heap_delete(), and then
> ReleaseSysCache(). In the other we SearchSysCacheCopy(),
> simple_heap_delete, and heap_freetuple().

> Are they two parallel ways, or is one better?

I don't think it matters much anymore.  The copy approach takes a few
more cycles, though, to no good purpose since you have no need to modify
the tuple struct obtained from cache.  (When updating a tuple, copying
the cache entry and scribbling directly on the copy is sometimes more
convenient than calling heap_modifytuple to build a new tuple.)