Re: 8.5 release timetable, again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> I do agree that trying to force coordination with a specific conference
> in Ottawa seems like a very peculiar sort of forced scheduling.

Well, PGCon is just a convenient concrete target.  The real point here
is that we're trying to get the release cycle to end with a release in
the spring.  We've grown tired of releasing in the fall and invariably
finding the date slipping into holiday season, so we'd like to try
releasing near the other equinox.  (Neither solstice is good, since
you are up against either holidays or vacations taking away the time
of the people who need to be doing the work.)