Re: Columnar store as default for PostgreSQL 10?

От jje
Тема Re: Columnar store as default for PostgreSQL 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
An interesting topic we have also discussed in our team.

Realistically - this is more about picking the right software for the job.

PostgreSQL has come so far up in it's performance for more general workloads
that it is fast becoming a bit of a darling in the world of cloud - being
able to handle lots of db's and their associated web (fast response
required) queries. So to start to take it down this path I believe would be
detrimental.

There are plenty of DB's out there designed for exactly what you are trying
to do - so maybe a better option is to build yourself someway of having data
stored in another system where you require this sort of data handling.

Some of us are already doing that with great success - so maybe asking how
you accomplish that would be a better question.

Jonathan