Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Richard Plotkin, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
   Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
    Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Richard Plotkin <> writes:
> Thanks for your responses this morning.  I did the select relname, and
> it returned 0 rows.  I do have one function that creates a temp table
> and fills it within the same transaction.  I'm pasting it below.
> Perhaps the "ON COMMIT DROP" is causing problems, and I need to drop
> the table at the end of the function instead of using ON COMMIT DROP?

Well, I think we can conclude that the function is pushing way more
data into the temp table than you expect.  I am wondering if that loop
in the middle of the function is turning into an infinite loop --- could
it be finding some sort of cycle in your page data?  You might want to
add some RAISE NOTICE commands to the loop so you can track what it's
doing.