Big number of connections

От: Jarek
Тема: Big number of connections
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Big number of connections  (Jarek, )
 Re: Big number of connections  (Igor Neyman, )
  Re: Big number of connections  (Andrew Dunstan, )
   Re: Big number of connections  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: Big number of connections  (Chris Cogdon, )
    Re: Big number of connections  (Karl Denninger, )
  Re: Big number of connections  (jarek, )
   Re: Big number of connections  (Jim Nasby, )
    Re: Big number of connections  ("Mike Sofen", )
     Re: Big number of connections  (Pavel Stehule, )
      Re: Big number of connections  (Moreno Andreo, )
       Re: Big number of connections  (Artem Tomyuk, )
        Re: Big number of connections  (Moreno Andreo, )
         Re: Big number of connections  (Artem Tomyuk, )
       Re: Big number of connections  (Pavel Stehule, )

Hello!

    We are going to build system based on PostgreSQL database for huge
number of individual users (few thousands). Each user will have his own
account, for authorization we will use Kerberos (MIT or Windows).
Most of users will have low activity, but for various reasons,
connection should be open all the time.
I'd like to know what potential problems and limitations we can expect
with such deployment.
    During preliminary testing we have found that for each connection we
need ~1MB RAM. Is there any way to decrease this ? Is there any risk,
that such number of users will degrade performance ?
    I'll be happy to hear any remarks and suggestions related to design,
administration and handling of such installation.

best regards
Jarek