Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-01-02 21:21:15 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I don't see any other realistic way to fix this, however, so maybe we
>> should just bite the bullet and do it anyway.

> We could remember the subtransaction a variable was created in and error
> out if it the creating subtransaction aborted and it's not a
> pass-by-value datum or similar.

That would still result in throwing an error, though, so it isn't likely
to make the OP happy.  I was wondering if we could somehow arrange to not
release the subtransaction's AccessShareLock on the table, as long as it
was protecting toasted references someplace.