Hot Recovery not working

От sreynolds
Тема Hot Recovery not working
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
We have a network tunnel setup between 2 sites.  I have PostgreSQL 9.4
installed on computers on both networks. I am attempted to setup a hot
standby between the 2.  From Site 1 I can establish a connection to Site 2
via the pgAdmin tool New Server Registration button.  But I cannot establish
a connection from Site2 to Site1 in the same manner. I get an error "Server
doesn't listen.... could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061) is the server running on host "x.x.x.x" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432".

I can ping each machine from the other. I've also run tracert and get a
successful connection so I don't think it is a networking issue.  I've also
performed netstat on each to make sure servers is listening for TCP
connection on port 5432 and they both are.

I have identical entries in the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files
(except for IP address - each file lists the other servers IP) - set
according to the following steps I performed- from an article I found online
(https://www.openmakesoftware.com/insights/postgresql-hot-standby-for-windows/
).

1. On Master – In pgAdmin run:
CREATE USER replicator REPLICATION LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'mypassword';
2. On Master – In pgAdmin, edit the postgresql.conf and set the following:
wal_level = hot_standby
max_wal_senders = 3
checkpoint_segments = 8
wal_keep_segments = 8
3. On Master – In pgAdmin, edit the pg_hba.conf and set the following where
5.6.7.8 is the ip address of the slave:
host replication     replicator     5.6.7.8/32           trust
4. On Master – restart the postgres windows service
5. On Slave – stop the postgres windows service
6. On Slave – open a command prompt and cd to your Postgres directory
(c:\program files\Postgresql\9.4) and run:
rd /s “c:\program files\Postgresql\9.4\data”
7. On Slave – open a command prompt and cd to your Postgres directory
(c:\program files\Postgresql\9.4) and run where 1.2.3.4 is the ip of the
Master:
pg_basebackup -h 1.2.3.4 -D “c:\program files\Postgresql\9.4\data” -U
replicator -v –P –X stream
8. On slave – In pgAdmin, edit the postgresql.conf and set the following:
hot_standby = on
9. On slave – create a text file (c:\program
files\Postgresql\9.4\data\recovery.conf) with the following contents where
1.2.3.4 is the ip of the Master:
standby_mode = 'on'primary_conninfo = 'host=1.2.3.4 port=5432
user=replicator password=mypassword'trigger_file =
'c:\temp\postgresql.trigger'
10. On Slave – start the postgres windows service