Re: [DOCS] 7.5 release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] 7.5 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In the following paragraph there appear to be two typos. I think
> "optimizer make" should be "optimizer makes" and that "lose-source"
> should be "closed-source".

>  It is difficult to explain all the optimizer improvements that go into a release like this. They involve complex
adjustmentsto the logic used to select indexes, join methods, and join order. They are difficult to explain, but the
resultis that the optimizer make quicker and better choices in how to execute queries, resulting in improved
performance.The close relationship between our developers and users reporting problems allows us to make rapid and
complexoptimizer improvements that would be very difficult for lose-source companies to emulate.

I'd suggest removing the paragraph entirely, on the grounds that it is
content-free fluff.