Re: [HACKERS] Unportable implementation of background worker start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Unportable implementation of background worker start
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-04-27 16:35:29 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It looks like it might be sufficient to do "#ifdef EPOLL_CLOEXEC"
>> in latch.c, rather than bothering with a full-blown configure check.

> Yea, that sounds worth trying.  Wonder if we need to care about kernels
> not supporting it, but glibc having support?  I'd be ok skimping on that
> for now.

On my RHEL6 box, <sys/epoll.h> is provided by glibc not the kernel:

$ rpm -qf /usr/include/sys/epoll.h
glibc-headers-2.12-1.209.el6_9.1.x86_64

So I think it's probably safe to assume that the header is in sync
with what glibc can do.

As for kernel (much) older than glibc, I'd rather expect glibc to paper
over that, though I've not looked at the source code to be sure.