Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, the fact that the patch is not "Ready for Committer" at this
>> point means that it is not going to be available in time for next
>> week's maintenance releases, or very possibly, for 9.6.  Time grows
>> very short.

> The only people that are likely comfortable giving final sign-off on
> it that are active this CF are Tom and Kevin. That is an awkward
> situation.

I would not be comfortable with reviewing an entire module with the
intention of shipping it in a stable branch on Monday, even if I had
nothing else to do between now and then.  I think the only sane way
to get this into 9.5.2 would be to slip the release date, and that
seems rather counterproductive.  We need to get this fix into the
hands of users ASAP.

I fear our only realistic course of action is to publish release
notes along the lines of "if you use any of list-of-affected-locales,
you should REINDEX btree indexes on text/varchar/bpchar columns".

Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)