Re: Read-only tables to avoid row visibility check

От Seamus Abshere
Тема Re: Read-only tables to avoid row visibility check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016, at 06:48 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> it would probably be more constructive to actually communicate the thoughts that provoked the question.

My company has a largish table - 250+ columns, 1 row for every household
in the US. It's read-only. We've gotten advice to convert to a column
store (cstore_fdw, etc.) but we would love to just stay with
tried-and-true postgres tables. Plus, many of our queries are against
dozens of columns at once.

Being able to tell postgres that our table is "Read Only" has imaginary
mystical properties for me, first and foremost being able to count
against indexes without ever hitting the disk.

> ​If the system is working properly then a READ ONLY table in fact should be able to use Index Only Scans without the
hackof a DBA telling it that said table is READ ONLY.​

So this should happen already?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cannot convert relation containing dropped columns to view
От: Nicklas Aven
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cannot convert relation containing dropped columns to view