Re: drop/truncate table sucks for large values of shared buffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: drop/truncate table sucks for large values of shared buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2 July 2015 at 14:08, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>> I'm marking this as "returned with feedback" in the commitfest.

> There are no unresolved issues with the approach, nor is it true it is
> slower. If you think there are some, you should say what they are, not act
> high handedly to reject a patch without reason.

Have you read the thread?  There were plenty of objections, as well as
a design for a better solution.  In addition, we should think about
more holistic solutions such as Andres' nearby proposal (which I doubt
will work as-is, but maybe somebody will think of how to fix it).
Committing a band-aid will just make it harder to pursue real fixes.