Re: [doc] remove reference to pg_dump pre-8.1 switch behaviour

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [doc] remove reference to pg_dump pre-8.1 switch behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Isn't this a bit pre-mature as we still support running pg_dump against
> 8.0 clusters..?

The removed para was discussing the behavior of pg_dump itself.  What
server version you run it against isn't relevant.

Having said that, there are a *lot* of past-their-sell-by-date bits
of info throughout our documentation, because we don't have any sort
of policy or mechanism for getting rid of this kind of backwards
compatibility note.  Maybe we should first try to agree on a policy
for when it's okay to remove such info.