Re: fix - function call with variadic parameter for type "any"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fix - function call with variadic parameter for type "any"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Our implementation of variadic parameters are not complete. The
> support of "any" type is incomplete. Modificator VARIADIC for funccall
> parameters needs transformation from ArrayExpr to standard parameters
> list.

I don't think I agree with this change.  The point of an ANY function
is that the function is going to do its own coping with the presented
arguments.  This patch takes away the flexibility to do that and instead
enforces one very restrictive view of what the intended behavior is.