Re: How to access array elements via PL/pgSQL trigger?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to access array elements via PL/pgSQL trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Roland Roberts <roland@astrofoto.org> writes:
> DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand
> DEBUG:  query: insert into exam (type, school_id, year, population, level) values ('ELA', 4, 1999, 'GE', '{
7,87,208,73}')
> DEBUG:  ProcessQuery
> NOTICE:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of exam_statistics_fixup near line 4
> ERROR:  parse error at or near "["
> DEBUG:  AbortCurrentTransaction

Okay, so it's not coming from a passed-down query.  I think my original
guess is right: plpgsql doesn't support assignment to array elements.

> Should I log this as a bug?

"Missing feature" would be more like it.  Postgres' array support is
pretty weak in a lot of places, not only plpgsql.