Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel

От david.paulo
Тема Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Here is what I needed to do
1) Use ANSI odbc driver - this is key  - Unicode does not work - I am using
version 9.03.04.00.  In this example the name of the odbc DSN is LFData.  It
has a username and password embedded in it.
2) It may not be needed for word merge (I am also doing separate queries)
but I registered Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library from the VBA
Tools menu
3) Within the macro that performs the merge I have the following (xcfPax is
a view that provides the fields for the merge):
    SQLRequest = "select * from xcfPax where matterno = '" & matterRef & "'"

    Doc.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters
    Doc.MailMerge.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument

    Doc.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _
      Name:="", _
      SQLStatement:=SQLRequest, _
      AddToRecentFiles:=False, _