Re: Slow BLOBs restoring

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slow BLOBs restoring
Дата
Re: Slow BLOBs restoring  (Vlad Arkhipov)
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Slow BLOBs restoring  (Vlad Arkhipov, )
 Re: Slow BLOBs restoring  (Vlad Arkhipov, )
  Re: Slow BLOBs restoring  (Tom Lane, )
Vlad Arkhipov <> writes:
> I discovered this issue a bit more. -j option is slowing down BLOBs
> restoring. It's about 1000x times slower if you specify this option.

Are you by any chance restoring from an 8.3 or older pg_dump file made
on Windows?  If so, it's a known issue.

> Does anybody plan to fix it?

Not without a complete reproducible example ... and not at all if it's
the known problem.  The fix for that is to update pg_dump to 8.4 or
later.