Re: [INTERFACES] New asynchronous tcl postgresql interface

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] New asynchronous tcl postgresql interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Colin McCormack <colin@field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au> writes:
> I think this is possibly a better alternative to the shipped tcl interface.

> A quick/experimental Swig-generated hack
>  with itcl wrapper classes to permit:
>  - asynchronous execution of postgresql commands,
>  - cancellation of commands in progress.

Cool.  The existing libpgtcl is certainly lacking in those areas
(although it does have pretty good asynchronous-NOTIFY support,
which I hope you borrowed).

Are you planning to bring this code & doc up to the level at which
it could become part of the standard distribution?

Since your code requires itcl and the existing library doesn't,
I foresee that not everyone will want to switch.  It might be good
to choose a name that will make it clear that this code needs itcl
(I'm thinking libpgitcl, perhaps) so that people will easily see
which is which.

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Postgresql + lo
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Postgresql + lo