Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Again, I applaud this, but this is clearly a new major chunk of mostly
> not-peer-reviewed code with potential for portability problems and the
> possibility to break downstream packaging routines.  There is no harm in
> leaving this for 9.7.

FWIW, I was and remain perfectly on board with putting this into 9.6;
adding new tests seems to me to be very much within the charter of beta
test period.  My only gripe was that shoving it in so soon before beta1
wrap is risky.  But it looks from the current buildfarm results that
Stephen has gotten away with that.  If we see any more buildfarm failures
over the weekend, I'd counsel a temporary revert, but if we don't I think
it's OK to ship beta1 with these tests.  In either case I'd aim to have
them in place in beta2.