Confused about stream replication protocol documentation

От Li Japin
Тема Confused about stream replication protocol documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, all

In Stream Replication Protocol [1], the documentation of `START_REPLICATION` message is

XLogData (B)
  …
Primary keepalive message (B)
  …
Standby status update (F)
  …
Hot Standby feedback message (F)

I’m confused about the means of ‘B’ and ‘F’? If it doesn't make sense, why we document here?
However, if it makes sense, should we explain it?
Can someone help me out?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

--
Best regards