Re: new json funcs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new json funcs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Is it just me, or is the json_array_element(json, int) function not
>> documented?

> As discussed at the time, we didn't document the functions underlying
> the json operators, just the operators themselves.

I see though that json_array_element has a DESCR comment.  I believe
project policy is that if a function is not meant to be invoked by name
but only through an operator, its pg_description entry should just be
"implementation of xyz operator", with the real comment attached only
to the operator.  Otherwise \df users are likely to be misled into using
the function when they're not really supposed to; and at the very least
they will bitch about its lack of documentation.

See commits 94133a935414407920a47d06a6e22734c974c3b8 and
908ab80286401bb20a519fa7dc7a837631f20369.