Re: Function Question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jake Stride <jake@stride.me.uk> writes:
> I am trying to create a function that gets fired when a new row is
> inserted. I can get the following function built but my problem is
> that the sequence that is created is called "NEW.key" rather than the
> value that is being inserted (it should be a UUID).

Instead of this:

>             CREATE SEQUENCE \"NEW.key\";

you need to do something like this:

            EXECUTE 'CREATE SEQUENCE ' || quote_ident(NEW.key);

The reason is that utility statements don't accept parameters natively,
so you have to construct the command as a string and then EXECUTE it.

Сообщение: Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Сообщение: Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?