Re: First Aggregate Funtion?

От sudalai
Тема Re: First Aggregate Funtion?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>I don't think so, because arrays can contain duplicates.
  I just add two element to the array.  One for INITCOND value NULL, second
for first row value.
So Array size is always 2.  So no duplicates.

>rhaas=# select coalesce(first(x.column1), 'wrong') from (values
>(null), ('correct')) x;>coalesce
>----------
> wrong
>(1 row)
It works correct..
I didn't said it returns, first non-null value for a column  from aggregate
window. I said my implementation returns first row value  for a column.
Here first row element is "null ", hence it returns null.

check this....
db=# select
db-# coalesce(first(x.column1),'null') as col1 ,
db-# coalesce(first(x.column2),'null') as col2,
db-#  coalesce(first(x.column3),'null') as col3
db-# from (values (null,'abc',null), ('correct','wrong','notsure'),
('second','second1','second3')) x
db-# ;col1 | col2 | col3
(1 row)

Its work correct. It returns first row value for a column.

--Sudalai

-----
sudalai