Re: Re: Synch Rep: direct transfer of WAL file from the primary to the standby

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Synch Rep: direct transfer of WAL file from the primary to the standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> In order for the primary server (ie. a normal backend) to read an archived file,
> restore_command needs to be specified in also postgresql.conf. In this case,
> how should we handle restore_command in recovery.conf?

I confess to not having paid much attention to this thread so far, but ...
what is the rationale for having such a capability at all?  It seems to
me to be exposing implementation details that we do not need to expose,
as well as making assumptions that we shouldn't make (like there is
exactly one archive and the primary server has read access to it).

Сообщение: Re: First CommitFest: July 15th
Сообщение: Re: First CommitFest: July 15th