Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.

От Sameer Thakur
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,
>Thank you for suggestion. The design with hooks and a separate view was
mainly to keep most of the >code outside core as the feature proposed is
specific to VACUUM command. Also, having a separate view >can give more
flexibility in terms of displaying various progress parameters.
>FWIW ,there was resistance to include columns in pg_stat_activity earlier
in the following thread,
>http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTi=TcuMA38oGUKX9p5WVPpY+M3L0XUp7=PLT+LCT@...

Perhaps as suggested in the link, the progress could be made available via a
function call which does progress calculation "on demand". Then we do not
need a separate view, or clutter pg_stat_activity, and also has benefit of
calculating progress just when it's needed.