Re: SQL state 42601 FOR syntax error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL state 42601 FOR syntax error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Ramroth, Laurie" <Laurie.Ramroth@nrel.gov> writes:
> I get a FOR syntax error on the following code.

> FOR rowNum IN SELECT DISTINCT ON (vehicle_id) vehicle_id FROM normal.joined_points_speeds_orderedID LOOP
>     EXECUTE 'CREATE  TEMP TABLE vehiclePointData_'||rowNum|| 'AS SELECT * FROM normal.joined_points_speeds_orderedID
WHEREjoined_points_speeds_orderedID.vehicle_id='||rowNum;
>    EXECUTE 'COPY vehiclePointData_'||rowNum||'TO D:/PSRC_Public_access/calculations_points_speeds/'||rowNum||'.csv
delimiters'||','||' WITH CSV HEADER';
> END LOOP;

> The Error reads-
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "FOR"
> LINE 1: FOR rowNum IN (SELECT DISTINCT ON (vehicle_id) vehicle_id ...

You haven't provided us a lot of context, but I'm going to guess that
you are trying to execute this as just plain SQL.  It's not SQL.
FOR is a construct in the plpgsql procedural language; so you need to
put this into a plpgsql function.

От: Shoaib Mir
Сообщение: Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL?
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL?