Installing Postgres manually GCC error and libmpfr.so.4 not found

От asmariyaz23
Тема Installing Postgres manually GCC error and libmpfr.so.4 not found
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Due to a root access permissions I have to resort to manually installing
postgres from source code available under the ftp site. When I execute
./configure --prefix="dir/path"- my config log shows the following error:

gcc version 4.9.0 (GCC)
configure:3817: $? = 0
configure:3806: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3817: $? = 1
configure:3806: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3817: $? = 1
configure:3837: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3859: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/../software/free/Linux/redhat_6_x86_64/pkgs/gcc_4.9.0/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.9.0/cc1:
error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.4: cannot     open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I have seen an earlier post with gcc errors, however I couldn't figure out
what the actual problem here is: is it that libmpfr.so.4 is not found? or
gcc needs to be installed fresh?